Saturday, May 2, 2009

First Rant!

I'm already hearing how cool OSI's new album is ... I have heard the sampler. In fact, in a touch of jealousy I checked it out again tonight ... but I have to wonder why Burning Shed is choosing to release the album 2 weeks later in the US as opposed to the UK ...

Do they have a media blitz arranged on either continent? Appearances, mainstream or otherwise?

This is a CD that I would like to pick up at The Sound Garden - the very best CD/record store ever ... I will look for it there, but my guess is that Blood, the CD in question, won't be readily available there, much less without support and those of us who love OSI we will have to get it online from Burning Shed ... back to the question ... why the staggered sale?

Reminds me of Porcupine Tree ... I wanted to turn a "young" listener on to them last weekend, and when I youtube'd "arriving somewhere ..." or "trains" ... much less "Trains + Porcupine Tree" there was nothing there!

If the independent labels yearn for hope, they need to make their music accessible, either in a same-day release date, or not killing youtube links.

I'm bummed that my spell check is stumbling on youtube, but I think that this is all pretty case in point that even independent labels are still missing the point when it comes to getting their music to the masses - or potential masses - who are patient with boundaries.

But not for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment